Thursday, July 16, 2009

Open Market: Licensing and Inspection of Scales

As in other states across the U.S., commercially used scales in Colorado are tested and licensed annually by the Colorado Department Agriculture Measurement Standards Section. This includes goods sold at a farmers market.

"Vendors who offer commodities for sale by weight must do so over a legal-for-trade scale," advises the Colorado Division of Inspection and Consumer Services.

"All vendors who operate a commercially used device (scale) must obtain a scale license for that device. All vendors whom at the time of inspection do not have their scale(s) licensed, will be required to license their devices at the time of inspection. Vendors operating a commercially used device without a valid license, may be subject to regulatory action."

For more information:
Colorado Department Agriculture Inspection & Consumer Services
2331 W. 31st Ave. Denver, CO 80211
Phone: (303) 477-0076

No comments: